openoffice 3 and 10.6.6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by numlock, Feb 1, 2011.

1. numlock macrumors 68000

Their page seems to be down and a google search gets me nothing. Is version 3 not compatible with 10.6.6?

The reason I am asking is because now everytime I try to launch openoffice it shows up in the dock and disappears right away.

The new one and libreoffice do launch but they have this sorting issue that makes them impossible to use.

2. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

It's down. No mention of why, just a blank white page. Maybe where they're hosting it, it's snowing? :D

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

This may be the sign that Oracle have dropped it. Which would be a shame to be honest, it was a great software package that I used to use often before getting iWork.

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

5. dhd macrumors member

dhd

openoffice 3 working fine (as usual) in my computer (10.6.6)

6. numlock thread starter macrumors 68000

well libreoffice had some sorting issues. i found out that there is a new checkbox in the import/open dialog when open a csv file that i didnt check.

i ran into another issue though and that is that it see´s a number like --2 as -2 and not 2.

7. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

NeoOffice is a Mac specific port of Open/Libre Office that has better integration in OS X, such as access to the system grammar checker and an iLife media browser.