Openoffice beta V's Neooffice???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacAodh, May 3, 2008.

1. MacAodh macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I just switched from neooffice to the openoffice beta. Several reasons but the main one being the inability for neooffice to work in spaces. Anybody else using these? thoughts?

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I have kept up with NeoOffice for some time, but not regular use. The last two downloads of the OO Beta have been very good. So now I am beginning to convert some of my projects (all writing) to OO (actually copies of the original files, in case something goes wrong). I have been satisfied with it so far. I am also going through the tutorial (as time permits) because a few items I used to use in MS Office are done differently and I don't want to overlook some of the capabilities.

My one concern will be RTL languages (specifically Hebrew). I use Mellel for most of my Hebrew work, but hope OO works too. I don't think NeoOffice handles it correctly.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I have NeoOffice, OpenOffice beta and OOo-dev on my Macbook. I use iWork primarily, then NeoOffice as its just so much better looking. I wish Sun could get the Neo guys to help with a re-design.

On a similar note, where the hell is Lotus Symphony?