OpenOffice problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iNeverStop88, Mar 18, 2008.

1. iNeverStop88 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to put "Times New Romans" font on my open office I just installed.
    I cannot find it.

I use iBook G4, 10,3,x OS

Thanks.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Font handling under X11 is generally a bit iffy on OS X without a lot of faffing around.

I'd suggest switching to NeoOffice, which is a native Aqua port of OpenOffice - all the same functionality, but it doesn't require XWindows - it will therefore use all fonts installed in any of the standard locations (and it works more like a Mac app, too).

3. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Ditto for NeoOffice. Seems to work fine for me on most of what I need to do but I am not a power user. You know what they say, "85% of Word users use only 15% of the functionality." I recommend to try it out for yourself.

I have to admit I want to use it until I order iWork 08, but then again I may not and just stick with NeoOffice. I don't need iWork's Keynote but iWork's Numbers I could definitely use. Undecided at this point.

Sorry to get off topic. Also, I heard a new version of NeoOffice is coming soon.

4. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

I third NeoOffice. They also seem to patch more frequently.

5. bloodycape macrumors 65816

I am really feeling the beta 3 of openoffice it is native and fast.