OpenSSH - 4.3.3 Jailbreak - Hash Sum Mismatch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anonymous6237, May 24, 2011.

1. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Let me start by apologizing if it turns out I just really suck at searching. I couldn't find much on this problem, much less a solution.

At a very basic level I generally understand what "Hash Sum Mismatch" means. I just don't really know what to do about it.

When I try to download and install OpenSSH after a fresh 4.3.3 jailbreak using Redsnow I get an error in Cydia, "Hash Sum Mismatch".

I'm not sure what I should do, if anything. There was a problem with the jailbreak the first time so I restored and did it again and everything else seems to be working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. f1r3bug macrumors newbie

f1r3bug

Having exact same issue

I also just jailbroke my GSM iphone 4 running 4.3.3 using RedSn0W as Pwnage wouldnt work for some reason. I had to get a new phone due to the screen shattering.
    I have been able to reinstall all my old apps except for OpenSSH because it keeps showing Hash sum Mismatch and I cannot figure out why.
    Anybody have any ideas that would help?

3. anonymous6237 thread starter macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Try it now, looks like it was a temporary server issue. I just got mine to work. Good luck!

4. knotuncommon macrumors newbie

I've got an itouch 2G running iOS 4.2.1 (JB w/ Greenpois0n) and I've been getting the same "hash sum mismatch" message. This has been going on for two days now, so I'm not sure its a server issue. I've spent several hours searching, but haven't found any forums that address this error message for downloading OpenSSH specifically. I've reinstalled Cydia, but that did nothing and am now also at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated.

5. izeryan macrumors newbie

:apple:same here, ipod touch 2nd generation 4.2.1 said HASH SUM MISMATCH, anyhelp will be greatly appreciated:apple:

6. izeryan macrumors newbie

hey i think i have an idea go to this site, http://casualpress.com/hash-sum-missmatch-in-cydia/
    Hope this help

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

Different devices, all with the same problem with the same app. Obviously, it's not a problem with the device or Cydia.

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

It was a server-side problem.

A technical explanation (as has also been explained in my Cydia-related programmers' articles): the Packages file on the server has the MD5 hash of all .deb installers. If the site maintainer forgets to update the Packages file when he uploads a new DEB, the hash will differ (and, very likely, the size too), which results in such a client-side problem. Most probably, this was the reason for this problem too.