Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
I'm on the verge of installing OpenSSH on my JB'd iPhone 4 (4.0.1). I've searched around this great forum, and found pretty much everything I need to proceed save for one item:

From what I've read, it's advisable to turn auto-lock "off" when OpenSSH is installed. But after a brief search, there is one detail that I can't see has been specified: Should auto-lock ALWAYS be off, or only when using OpenSSH? If I'm going about my day and not interfacing with the files in my phone at the time, I prefer to manually lock the phone, or let it auto-lock. Is this an issue?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I'm on the verge of installing OpenSSH on my JB'd iPhone 4 (4.0.1). I've searched around this great forum, and found pretty much everything I need to proceed save for one item:

From what I've read, it's advisable to turn auto-lock "off" when OpenSSH is installed. But after a brief search, there is one detail that I can't see has been specified: Should auto-lock ALWAYS be off, or only when using OpenSSH? If I'm going about my day and not interfacing with the files in my phone at the time, I prefer to manually lock the phone, or let it auto-lock. Is this an issue?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

I usually turn it off so it doesn't autolock and disable wifi while I'm transfering/changing files on the phone. Once I'm done I turn autolock back on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.