OpenSSH Won't Work

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by thesdx, Mar 27, 2008.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I just restored my iPod touch and jailbroke it again a few days ago. I've installed OpenSSH, but it won't work. When I use Cyberduck to SSH into my iPod touch, it can't connect. I've tried everything, but still no luck. I never once had this problem before I restored it. Any ideas of what's happening?

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

try reinstalling, should help, and make shure the IP is correct

3. djjoja macrumors member

try using Static IP for ur wifi and connect to tht one by SSH..i ahd same prob..i just put a Static IP instead of DHCP and it workd fine.. :D

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

It takes about 30 seconds on the first connect to establish the keys but, after that, it should log in instantly. So if it seems like it's not working... just wait.

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

When i first install OpenSSH after a restore, nothing BUT Putty works for the first connection. After I login in via Putty, anything works.

6. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, but it's still not working. I tried reinstalling it, changing to Static IP, etc, but still no luck. When I try to SSH, it just does this:

Attached Files:

7. djjoja macrumors member

yep..by the error image uve posted..u can see tht the MAC is connectin by SFTP and not SSH..u have to get it to connect by SSH..SFTP is another kind to connect to Ipod..u can install sftp thru installer...

8. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

STFP is the same thing as SSH. Before I restored my iPod touch, I was having no problems using SSH. All I had to do was just install OpenSSH, and connect with Cyberduck. Now, I can't seem to connect no matter what I do.

9. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Heh, turns out my Mac and my iPod touch weren't on the same wireless network. It's working fine now. :D

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hah, that same thing has happened to me before. It makes you feel dumb afterwards, but you'll never fall for that one again.