OpenVPN on ATV 3

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by /\ppleDude, Mar 3, 2016.

1. /\ppleDude macrumors newbie

/\ppleDude

I am using OpenVPN on Mac and iOS. The reason/hope for this is to get my Apple TV 3 IP address changed in order to watch MLB games that are blacked out in my area. I have a Time Capsule, Mac with El Capitan, iOS devices using iOS 9.

I attempted to connect the ATV directly to my Mac via Ethernet cable and share my network through the system settings with no luck.

Any other ideas about how to get the Internet from my Mac to the ATV so that I can use the VPN IP?

Will it work to customize the IP in the ATV settings?

Is there a way to customize the IP address and settings in my Time Capsule through Airport Utility and make that work!?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. /\ppleDude thread starter macrumors newbie

/\ppleDude

After more research it appears that making any changes to the Time Capsule is out of the question. I have found that I can AirPlay from my phone while on a VPN even after reading many articles talking about not being able too. This is a positive, but I wish that was not the only option but from what I am reading it may very well be unless I was to buy a flashrouter and run dual routers. (Not going to happen)

3. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

4. Idgit macrumors 6502

Idgit

There was a good reddit thread recently about how to use a VPN with the Apple TV.