opera 10 released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clevin, Sep 1, 2009.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

[​IMG]

i can't reach their release note page at this time.

Basically, turbo speed and new UI with thumbnail tab preview bar are two new thing I see, there are mostly likely more new stuff, but I dont know at this time. You are welcome to follow up with more details.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Here's the feature list.

I'll likely install it, but it won't be my main browser. I do like the way Opera approaches some concepts, and they did bring us tabbed browsing. They've caught up to some other features like inline spell checking and fraudulent site checking, but they offer some features other browsers don't (at least out-of-the-box).

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Just downloaded, servers are horribly slow and laggy!

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

too many people are trying to download to be the first to run it. Wait a week or so and you will be fine.

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Where's xUKHCx to tell us how good Opera 10 is?

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Updates: Turbo, Inline Spell Checking, New Default Skin, Tab thumbnails, Auto-update, Tab notifications (little dots on tabs), Updated speed dial, Automated crash reporter, Faster rendering engine, the built in email client now supports HTML emails, Ability to send content via webmail clients (no gmail at the moment).

The final build is actually the same build as the RC2 which was released 3 days before.

On the whole Opera 10 is good, it is a nice upgrade from Opera 9.64.

However there are a few issues with the final release build. I often get the never stop loading problem.

Opera did not include Unite in the final Opera 10 but instead are planning that for Opera 10.10. I am hoping that Opera will be a bit more polished by then.