Opera 10

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mark88, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mark88 macrumors 6502a

Anyone having problems with Opera 10? I just can't get it to load ANYTHING in decent time, takes 5 minutes to load google while safari and FF do it fine.

Been using Opera for years but Opera 10 and SL doesn't seem to be a great combo.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'm having no problems with Opera 10, everything seems to be loading fine. No issues with any websites and no problems downloading files.

3. MasConejos macrumors regular

MasConejos

A few people are having DNS/IPv6 issues with opera for some reason (DNS lookups take a long time).

See this for a better description.

My current workaround involves using openDNS (9th post in thread)

4. coops macrumors regular

I'm using Opera 10 on a macbook with SL.... it's ok, but there are several occasions when loading a page stops or becomes very slow - not hopeless, but certainly annoying. It's a new macbook, so can't compare it to version 9 on which i never had any problems with on windows desktop and laptops.

Will take a look at openDNS - that's worth looking at anyway.

thanks - wish i could get back/forward site navigation with touchpad swipe..... the old 2 button trick can't be done on the big mac touchpads....

Chris

5. MasConejos macrumors regular

MasConejos

Request it as a feature if you want it. You never know, it might happen

6. coops macrumors regular

Did that already.....

Where can i get a good 'latest' version 9.xx for intel Macs?

This 10.0 is looking more sucky all the time.... so bad i'm going to give experimental 10.1 a go.

Chris

7. bware189 macrumors member

Very helpful, thanks much. Opera almost seems to be loading faster than safari now (which makes me gleeful). For anyone that needs it, scroll down to seanosx. His post is the solution.