Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Anyone having problems with Opera 10? I just can't get it to load ANYTHING in decent time, takes 5 minutes to load google while safari and FF do it fine.

Been using Opera for years but Opera 10 and SL doesn't seem to be a great combo.

MasConejos

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Houston, TX
A few people are having DNS/IPv6 issues with opera for some reason (DNS lookups take a long time).

See this for a better description.

My current workaround involves using openDNS (9th post in thread)

coops

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
I'm using Opera 10 on a macbook with SL.... it's ok, but there are several occasions when loading a page stops or becomes very slow - not hopeless, but certainly annoying. It's a new macbook, so can't compare it to version 9 on which i never had any problems with on windows desktop and laptops.

Will take a look at openDNS - that's worth looking at anyway.

thanks - wish i could get back/forward site navigation with touchpad swipe..... the old 2 button trick can't be done on the big mac touchpads....

Chris

coops

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Request it as a feature if you want it. You never know, it might happen

Did that already.....

Where can i get a good 'latest' version 9.xx for intel Macs?

This 10.0 is looking more sucky all the time.... so bad i'm going to give experimental 10.1 a go.

Chris

bware189

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2009
A few people are having DNS/IPv6 issues with opera for some reason (DNS lookups take a long time).

See this for a better description.

My current workaround involves using openDNS (9th post in thread)

Very helpful, thanks much. Opera almost seems to be loading faster than safari now (which makes me gleeful). For anyone that needs it, scroll down to seanosx. His post is the solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.