Opera has taken over my osx.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 199708, Dec 16, 2008.

1. 199708 macrumors 6502

Not sure why, i never installed opera, but now opera has taken over as my browser. it just poped up about an hour ago for any link i click on.

I never installed opera, and in addition, i cannot find the application in the Applications folder. its really spinning me out.

how do i go about uninstalling something an app completely from my system, especially when i cannot find the acutally program using spotlight or search. any add/remove procedure?

im still new to mac.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

did you intsall a cs suite? like photoshop or what not?

3. Cloud9 macrumors regular

opera is apart of adobe cs. I am not sure how I got control back of my computer. I think when opera opened, I did a spotlight search for it and then deleted it that way. Also files types it was hijacking, torrent etc, I reset the app behavior for it in finder.

4. 199708 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i did install CS4
    thats exactly what happened. I managed to find the program in finder and have deleted it. so hopefully it doesnt hijack firefox again.
    thanks for that. least im not alone

5. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

I've been unhappy with Adobe about the forced Opera installation for years, and have emailed them about it. I'd suggest you do the same. If they want a built in browser for filters online and help online, ffs they can code one in.