Opera?! Help w/ Default App...unusual problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by n-abounds, May 13, 2007.

1. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Okay so I download torrents, and I like to use Transmission. But the default application to open it is 'Opera 9.20'. Now I've tried to change it (yes, I know how...) but it never actually changes for me.

I think the real problem is that I can't find the program 'Opera' on my HD... I've gone searching in my home library and the main library, but there are no Opera files in the application support folder (which I thought would help this problem). When I try to change the default application, it also lists 'Opera 9.10' which I also cannot find on my HD.

Anyone know how to get rid of Opera, so hopefully I can use Transmission to open my torrents?

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Tried searching for Opera using spotlight? After changing the "Open With:" in the get info window of a .torrent file, are you clicking the "Change All.." button?

3. n-abounds thread starter macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Yep, searched in Spoltight for Opera. There was no application Opera, and I've deleted any system preferences that referred to Opera.

Yep, I clicked "Change All". Still no luck.

4. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

When Opera attempts to open the torrent file, does it pop up in the Dock? If so, ctrl-Click the icon and click "Show In Finder".

5. n-abounds thread starter macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Good call. ty, it worked like a charm. I would never have thought of that. I guess Opera came with some Adobe product?