opera mini to stream music?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agentmikeyd, Jul 7, 2011.

1. agentmikeyd macrumors member

I use opera mini for web browsing which has significantly reduced my data usage.

I want to find a website that i can access thru opera mini to stream music, to save data while listening too.

I am using an iphone 4, and am tired of the data overage charges; i have used pandora and iheartradio apps but they use too much data for daily use.

Anyone know of a website that will stream thru opera mini on an iphone??

Thanks

2. agentmikeyd thread starter macrumors member

After more research, ive learned that the issue is That most onlime streaming sites require Flash...

So, are there any music streaming sites that dont require Flash and therefore could be run via Opera Mini? This would save us a bunch of data usage...

3. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Dont you have your own music on your phone? You dont needa browser w/ Pandora and have you tried Google Music yet? Dont need a browser for that either.

4. agentmikeyd thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/25.657; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Pandora is eating too much data. Opera mini compression of a streaming site would be great

5. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

well i searched and found that opera don't allow the streaming only the downloading or open it

6. john.hodges80 macrumors newbie

The mini opera that is at the begining of the play/movie is titled "Hannibal by Chalumeau". The second mini opera where Carlotta loses her voice and Christine takes over is titled "Il Muto" (the title translates to "The Mute" a play on words and what is actually happening). The last mini opera is titled "Don Juan's Triumphant" and in the movie is written by the Phantom. All three of these mini operas are fictional, not real, they were written for the play. They are similar in sound, music and words to other actual operas, but themselves are NOT actual or real operas.

7. walie macrumors 6502a

get a bigger data plan

8. agentmikeyd thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/25.657; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Thats real helpful. Go away

9. walie macrumors 6502a

compressing a static webpage is one thing, compressing multimedia in the way that you want is a totally different manner, involving re-encoding the song in a smaller format

its not happening