Opera

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yizi, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Yizi macrumors regular

Today i was just messing about with my system and i found out that Opera was pre-installed in my system! is that supouse to be right or something is going on with my system? I can't even locate it in the Applications its just when i right click on a .html or .JPEG etc files.

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

This has been discussed before. Do you have photoshop installed? I believe it's installed with that or some program...

By the way, Opera is the greatest browser there is. Find it and use it.

Edit: For example, here and here

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Dreamweaver used to install it, although I don't know whether it still does.

4. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I found it on my mac the first day. I don't use it though. I always assumed that apple stuck it on there to keep out of a lawsuit (MS EI lawsuit type thing).

I digress, why would anyone want to use opera when safari or Firefox is out there.

5. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

:rolleyes:

6. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

"Digress" - to deviate or wander away from the main topic or purpose in speaking or writing; depart from the principal line of argument, plot, study, etc.

7. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I think he was pointing out how ridiculously ignorant your statement is, and how ironic it was considering it was a post that contained something you claim to hate in your signature. Why would I want to use Opera? Because it works better, looks better, is faster, and is a more innovative browser that gets most features before other browsers, implements them better, and does more things out-of-the-box, while still maintaining a strong ability to add-on.

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

There are some things that Opera does well; for example, in Opera you can click on a bookmark and get it opened in a new tab. I use Firefox for 85% of my browsing and Opera for most of the rest. I rarely use Safari.

9. Yizi thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm sorry i did search the forum but didn't found anything, sorry again. I managed to remove it by installing it again and then removing it, but the thing is the icon is still there it just wont work anymore when i click on it.

Thanks,
    Yizi