Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
From the online user guide:

Operating temperature Apple Watch is designed to work best in ambient temperatures between 32° and 95° F (0° and 35° C) and be stored in temperatures between -4° and 113° F (-20° and 45° C). Apple Watch can be damaged and battery life shortened if stored or operated outside of these temperature ranges. Avoid exposing Apple Watch to dramatic changes in temperature or humidity. If the interior temperature of Apple Watch exceeds normal operating temperatures (for example, in a hot car or in direct sunlight for extended periods of time), you may experience the following as it attempts to regulate its temperature:

I guess those of us who get 4 seasons might need to be a little careful with the watch during the winter.

mb2008

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Winter, ha! How can you work outside in the summer anywhere in South? Now I'm scared to wear it in Houston - indoor temp 65, humidity 30; outdoor temp 100, humidity 99!

And 95 degrees is lower than body temp....:confused:

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
My iPhone 6 shutoff 3x this winter (NYC area) when out walking the dog for extended period.

iregret

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
I was wondering about this sort of thing. I know compact fluorescent lights have trouble working when it's cold in the garage. I was curious to see how the Apple Watch handled direct sunlight and extreme temperature ranges. I guess time will tell.

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
You're going to be wearing it on your arm, probably touching your skin if not close to it. It will always be getting heat from your body.

vinitmenon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Canada
i ss swatch always felt awefully cold when i came from outside to my home.. btw i am in alberta, canada -20 : -35 is normal in winters...

will have to get a sweater for my watch :p if i get any before winter... ;):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.