Operation Flashpoint 2 owners

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SchneiderMan, Oct 7, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Who here has or gonna have OP2? I should be getting mine very soon from amazon.

Everyone who is going to play online post your gamer tags here

My PSN: Schneiderx

[​IMG]

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    I got it yesterday and I'm playing it on my late 08 MBP. Which mac/ps do you have ?

Tex

3. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I was so excited about this game, and apparently it is the suck. I normally don't put too much credence into online reviews, but even the everyday players say it's bad...oh well, only 30 more days...:)

4. soldierblue macrumors 6502

The problem with most of the online reader reviews is that most of them fall into these two categories:

1) OMFG, IT'S NOT EXACTLY LIKE THE FIRST ONE.
    2) OMFG, GUYS, IT'S NOT MODERN WARFARE 2! I'M WTFING OUT OVER HERE, BRO.

It's a good game. It's fun, it looks nice, it runs well.

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Well, I dunno, the jury is still out on it for me. The controls (PC) are kinda clunky, the reload time for many of the weapons is pretty terrible... but there's something about shooting a jeep driver in the face and watching his jeep mosey on down the road and crash into a ditch...

7. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Against my better judgment I picked this up for the 360. I haven't played it yet, but will report back with a review after I have done so. :)

8. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

OK, I've got a few hours invested in the game...so here is a quick, amateur review, lol...

Graphics- 7/10, definitely not what I would call "next gen", but good enough to get the job done.

Sound- 9/10, the sounds of the weapons, artillery, tanks, etc is pretty top notch...really adds to the realism.

Gameplay- 8/10, the control scheme is kind of tough to get down, but once you've played for a bit it becomes easier. The command menu is pretty tedious, but it eventually becomes almost second nature...the friendly AI is pretty stupid most of the time, and the enemy AI actually dives for cover, or hides behind buildings etc, when shot at...

Online- 0/10, could not connect 99% of the time, and when I did connect, I got booted before the map even loaded. Tried it again, and it said no games found, when just 15 seconds prior there were all kinds of games to be found. What a joke.

Overall- If people will forget about the COD series and play this with an open mind it will be fun. Think of it as Splinter Cell, only with a military theme. This is no run n' gun game, that's for sure. It sometimes takes an hour to do a mission. You will die. A lot. Get used to it. They better fix the online portion or this game will be a coaster by next week. I don't regret buying it, but I think after November 10th nobody will even remember this one came out.

9. fongyuen macrumors 6502

how does the game run on your mbp?

10. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Thats very true, Too many ppl will compare it to COD, but flashpoints a different ride alltogether, so far ive had about a day on it (ps3 verson), done a fair few missions and covered some ground, once you get used to issuing orders such as 'follow me' or 'defend' it's a fair game, the vehicle use is a bit shabby, especially driving control, but then it's not a driving game, one thing i think is rubbish is the sniper aiming, headshots aren't the best at distance, crosshairs don't stay anywhere near the target, the game has a lot of problems but it's still a lot of fun, but get it played ppl, Modern warfare 2 will be along soon and that will blow this off the horizon :)

11. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

So far I’ve played it to level 4 the airfield part. At 1st I jumped in the game with a COD frame of mind and got torn apart and wound up and ended sending an email ranting about it to Mr. Noisy :) (soz mate) but after playing it with a different mind set it was pretty sweet the weapon accuracy is a big sluggish in places but I haven't driven any vehicle as yet so I couldn’t really comment. But I agree with chadrob30 when he said about playing it without thinking of COD all in all id give it 7/10 even then maybe I’m being a bit to generous.