OPINION: After developing for iOS, which is easier: Blackberry or Android?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by naphatkrit, Aug 23, 2011.

1. naphatkrit macrumors member

Hi, I've recently developed an app for my school in the iOS platform. Now, I want to expand to another platform. I know that Blackberry would seem like the illogical choice because of its declining market share, but believe it or not, Blackberry users and iOS users are a majority in my school, with Android users being the minority (I know, crazy!). Now, my question is, after developing for the iOS platform, which is easier to move on to? Blackberry OS or Android OS?

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Well, RIM will die eventually I think, and since the price of developing for RIM is like 200 euro just to start, or something similair. My Opinion is go Android, or go for Adobe AIR/Flex to create for Android AND Blackberry AND iOS with one code. Or do iOS Native, and others with AIR.
    Just putting out idea's.
    Since Android has something like 50K new devices being activated each day, I think your second focus should be on that.

Gz; Noxx

3. naphatkrit thread starter macrumors member

Whoa it's really 200 euros to submit an app? That's a bummer. So if I were to go to Adobe AIR, I'll get a web app, right? Will a web app function as well as a native app?

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Hmm, wrong 2ce.
    1. 200 euro to get a "license", you can upload 10 apps with this afaik, and you need to pay another 100$ for the next 10, or something.
    2. AIR Doesn't need to compile as a WEBApp, you can specificly port to iOS/RIM, maybe you should read a bit into it, it's a standalone app, .ipa .apk (don't know for RIM).

Good luck.

5. naphatkrit thread starter macrumors member

Adobe AIR sounds interesting! i'll check it out. Thanks a ton!