Opinion: Another iPhone 4 or Wait

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiexhart, Mar 8, 2011.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Well despite my loss for my lovely iPhone.. My brother let me borrow his OLD iPhone 3G... that has a cracked screen and a broken power button and something rattles inside. Thankful but... still not the amazing iPhone 4.

I need your thoughts and opinions.

I sold my old 16 GB iPad about a month ago and well I saved the money to buy the 16 GB iPad 2 coming this Friday. And I just actually sold my Xbox 360 Slim for $240 and spoke to my friend that works for AT&T and he told me that would be able to get me a 16 GB iPhone 4 for $200. No restarting my contract or anything but he said not to worry or anything that to just come in and he'll take care of it. I believe him because when the iPhone 3GS came out, and I wasn't eligible for the upgrade discount, he was able to restart my contract. Cool right? So I believe him.

What would you guys do, Should I save the $200 and stick with my 50% broken iPhone 3G and wait till the new iPhone 5 to come out? And just enjoy the same almost benefits of the iPad 2?

Let me have it! :p

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Honestly, just wait for the 5. The conference starts in like 90 days exactly which is 3 months....time flies by. That is also 200$ you save to buy a nice case, some apps, ect....

besides, if you get the 4 now...you are outdated in 3 months. I hate that feeling haha.

3. hilaryaustin macrumors newbie

i would also wait for the latest. Since you get a chance to choose properly at a reasonable price. And besides it's the latest and you will definitely love and can't find anything like it.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Should I spend money on a product with only 25% of it's production life left, or can I hold out for either 1) an upgraded product for the same price, or 2) a lower price on the iPhone 4 after 5 comes out (OBTW I scored a temporary old iPhone for free to use which I decide)?

Hmmmmmmm....:rolleyes:

5. Sedrick, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Wait. It will only hurt for a few months, but they you'll be on top of the world for the next 12 at least.

6. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

I'm holding out too (currently have a 3GS) it is literally 3 months or so away, not that long. It will be worth it!

7. PDE macrumors 68020

It might be worth considering that a) we have no idea what is coming this summer and b) we don't know when exactly it will be widely available to buy and c) you might not like the design or something else about the new model. I'm sure spec-wise it'll be much improved, but there's no accounting for design and personal preference with regard to taste.

I know I hated the cheap feeling plastic backs of the 3G and 3GS and so I didn't upgrade from the 2g. I also wouldn't upgrade immediately if Apple introduced a larger but thinner model. Usually Apple's decisions are cool, but there have been poor choices over the years too.

I'm getting my unlocked iphone 4 from Apple UK tomorrow and, if something truly amazing comes out of Apple in the summer, I'll sell it on ebay and get the new one. Until then though, I'll be enjoying the iphone 4.

8. monkey52892 macrumors newbie

monkey52892

If your friend can get you an iphone 4 for $200 without restarting your contract why aren't you getting it? Infact you will profit. Tell him to hook you up with the iphone 4 @$200. Then, when the iphone 5 is released, sell the iphone 4 on craigslist for over $200....so in the end you get to use a new iphone 4 for a few more months and you can make some extra money. :D

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If it's only $200, buy it. When the iPhone 5 is announced, sell the 4 for $375. Where's the debate?!

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The 4 probably has until the 6 is released before production life ends, but if the OP is planning on getting a 5 they should wait. If not, pick one up.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

You're lucky to still have an iPhone, so just enjoy it for the next 3 months, and after that you won't be disappointed with the roaring iPhone 5.