Opinion: Good Price for my 2010 iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JHorstmann, Jan 20, 2012.

1. JHorstmann macrumors member

I'm selling my 21.5" iMac:

3.6ghz i5 processor
    8GB Apple RAM
    1 TB HD
    Radeon 5670 GPU
    Trackpad
    Mouse

I got offered 1200 for it. I'm thinking about taking it, using my student discount and upgrading to a top of the line 27" iMac.

Worth it? Opinions?

2. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Well he offered you more than it's realistically worth so the deal is in your favor. A 2011 quad core refurb can be purchased for $999 although yours has a 1TB hard drive which is nice. The ram upgrade costs a trivial amount from any third party retailer. If you wish to upgrade at the moment, he's offering you quite a lot for it.

3. JHorstmann thread starter macrumors member

I agree. I did upgrade the processor, RAM, and graphics card (i believe)... I spent 1500 on it... I thought it was a good deal on my half.

4. srxtr macrumors 6502a

Getting 80% of what you paid for back after 2 years is pretty good.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I didn't realize you spent that much, but even then it's quite a good deal. It may drop further in value with Ivy Bridge depending on how Ivy Bridge looks. Like I said if you're buying the current one you're getting a quad sandy bridge which is great. You're also back on a warranty. Haswell should be a bigger change for desktops than Ivy Bridge. Anyway I would personally take the offer. It's ridiculously good, and like I said, it favors you.

6. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

One thing I noticed is that Craigslist/eBay buyers usually aren't aware of Apple's refurbished or education site. With that said, I would most certainly take that offer!

7. JHorstmann thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...

Thanks everyone for the input. I thought I was getting a nice deal for it, but I just always like to make sure and ask the pros ;)

Thanks again.