OPINION: iphone 4, JB how long? advice...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by john2049, Jun 7, 2010.

1. john2049 macrumors member

so today i threw my 16gb iphone 3g jailbroken for 290 and got two hits. does 290 seem about right?

I plan on living without my iphone for three weeks (yikes! ;) ) knowing the the prices for selling will inevitably go down a lot with the 3gs now being on 99 with 2 year.

I want to get the new one, but am going to miss my free tethering (i am planning on using netshare incase they start to charge for conventional tether) but how long do you guys guess it'll take for the new iphone to be jailbroken? just curious. thanks you guys! woo hoo. new iphone may not have had any surprises, but sure is cool still! thanks.

PS: i downloaded netshare off of apptrackr, i cannot put that on my non jailbroken new phone correct? for some reason the ipa doesn't work the same?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, netshare is a JB package only. It cannot be installed to a stock iphone.
    Why didnt you try Mywi? Its a better tethering option IMO.
    About when noone know but my guess is within the first few weeks.

3. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

Considering that software 4.0 is jailbroken, it won't take long for iPhone 4 to be jailbroken, they'll just have to learn the new hardware system

4. john2049 thread starter macrumors member

i do use mywi, i but i thought mywi used the standard tethering option, just through the app....but if not, then great! i'm so excited for iphone 4!

5. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I got the GM Iphone 4 OS today, isn't spirit supposed to work?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Don't think so.

Please read. Copied from Spiritjb.com site ---> Requirements
    •Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.

7. scottuf macrumors 6502

count me in with the impatient :p i'm one of those guys that always tries to get new tech day one, and really want the iphone4 on the 24th. wish it came 64gb, but oh well. anyways, i don't want to go for any amount of time without my jailbreak! and even though iOS4 is JB, no one knows about iphone4. could have a new bootrom that requires tethered (for now) like they switched on the 3gs.

what to do? what to do?

8. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

I can be that way, but I havent had my 3gs much longer than six months...so not worth ditching it for an iphone 4....i'll end up getting the iphone 4gs or 4g or what ever it is called that is released in 2011

9. mackworth macrumors member

Someone asked comex about whether he would update spirit jb works on 4.0 and comex said:

http://twitter.com/comex/status/15674179829

"I doubt it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if geohot has his replacement ready..."

I would highly doubt that the exploit would still exist in 4.0. MyWi is the only reason I haven't updated to OS 4.0 right now, since I have a dev account.

10. molder macrumors newbie

How much more do you think you could get if you sold it now versus after the new one comes out?

11. scottuf macrumors 6502

i just took a look at the 3Gs posts on dev team blog. it looks like it took about 2 weeks from 3Gs in hand until JB, though it looks as thought they could JB it from day 1. They just wanted to wait until 3.1 was available.

i hope since they already have a JB for 4.0GM that they will release the JB for iPhone 4 very quickly, and not wait for 4.1 or whatever its called.

12. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I'm in the same boat. I got mine in October though, but I'd like to have it at least a year. Honestly most of the nice things I like in OS4 are in the software and not the actual iphone4. I wonder if there will be a way to video chat with a jailbreak on a 3GS though. That'd be amazing.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How would they do that without a front camera?

14. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Exactly. I figured there would be some hack that would allow for you to use your back camera instead and you can see them on the screen and they can see you from the rear camera. You just wouldn't be able to see both at the same time. I think it's possible, but I don't develop apps. There have been more amazing apps than that though so I'm hopeful and I'd pay for this feature.