Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apeligros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2015
I have added 2 pics of my iX, i have never dropped or beat it. I think it is caused by a case. What is your opinion? Scratched or cracked? I can feel it with my fingernail, and it starts just in the border.
Could it became worse? i mean...this line could get longer???
It has been there since i realized a week ago, and stays the same. but i am worry about it.
What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6,942
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,373

apeligros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2015
It is not growing, is the same a week ago. could it be cause by a small thing between the glass and the edge, moving while i take off a case?
sorry for my english ;) i hope u understand what i mean

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Scratch although does also shard a bit like a crack. Notice however how it doesn’t reach the edge which you’d expect a crack to do.

Scratch.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
I could be a deep scratch. I have one that is really deep at one point and then gets more shallow the further out it goes. Sadly glass scratches pretty easily, but there's only so much you can engineer in materials. Scratch- or shatter-resistant, take your pick :(

apeligros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2015
I could be a deep scratch. I have one that is really deep at one point and then gets more shallow the further out it goes. Sadly glass scratches pretty easily, but there's only so much you can engineer in materials. Scratch- or shatter-resistant, take your pick :(
could you post a pic please?
[doublepost=1515340582][/doublepost]
To me it looks like a join between parts, not a scratch or crack.
i can feel is like a scartch when i put my fingernail...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
i can feel is like a scartch when i put my fingernail...
Not doubting you, but I can feel where the joins are on my 6s+.

However, just my opinion based on the pictures you presented. I'm sure if I saw the phone in person (or perhaps you posted a picture of just the scratch) I might see it differently.

Shaarujon567

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
Toronto Ontario Canada
I usually fiddle with phone screen and that definitely looks like a scratch to me a surface scratch, should be okay but if you do ever go by an apple store have them look at it just in case

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
scratch most likely
Keep an eye on it if it gets bigger then you know it’s not a scratch

apeligros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2015
First at all, thanks all of you for your reponses.
Should be scratched, i have never dropped my pone or impact with anything. As i told you before, i think it is made by some dirty from a case, and when i took of it made the scratch. But i am worried because is a Little Deep (i can feel it with my fingernail )

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
First at all, thanks all of you for your reponses.
Should be scratched, i have never dropped my pone or impact with anything. As i told you before, i think it is made by some dirty from a case, and when i took of it made the scratch. But i am worried because is a Little Deep (i can feel it with my fingernail )

It's permanent, but At least its not on your display. But cases can be the worst culprit for scratching because they trap in dirt/debris that can scratch the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.