All iPads Opinion needed... [iPad air or refurb iPad 4th Gen?]

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stephen1108, Oct 26, 2013.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I have a 64 GB iPad Mini 1st Gen. I was considering getting the iPad Air, but I don't want to spend a large sum of money this year on a new iPad.

I can get like $450 for my iPad Mini from someone who is willing to buy it, I was then thinking about taking that and buying a refurb iPad 4th Gen from the Apple Store online for $529.

Would you all consider this to be a good idea? Would it be worth it? My main problem with the Mini is the non-retina screen and the lack of RAM. I like that the iPad 4 has a faster processor and a bigger retina screen!

2. SamuraiMinis macrumors member

Why not get retina mini when it is released in November, or iPad Air?

3. zbarvian macrumors 68010

If you've got someone who will buy your Mini for that price then you best do it. I wouldn't advocate an iPad 4 but whatever you wanna do.

4. SamuraiMinis macrumors member

Read your post again, somehow I skipped the word (Air) in it. Sorry.

I'm with the person above. I think the Air will be great! The 4 is still nice, it's something to really think about ain't it!

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Why not the retina mini? The 64GB Wi-Fi version is $599 so it's not that much of a stretch compared to the refurbished iPad 4.

6. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's $70 + tax more. So I would be paying like an extra $200 out of pocket give or take a couple dollars. I thought about that too! But the idea of a larger screen on the iPad 4 is so intriguing to me!

We'll see what ends up happening, I might just end up keeping my iPad Mini until next year. I'm still on the fence about my decision :)

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I guess it all boils down to how much you value the iPad mini's portability. Personally, if I can only have one, I'd go with the 9.7" iPad 4. The bigger screen size offers greater versatility and it's easy enough to fit inside my backpack or messenger bag.

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Did I just waste my time reading this post?

YOU should check to see what the current market is for used ipads.

YOU should decide if you need to new stuff.

YOU should post a meaningful TITLE for your post.

9. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I find your username and post to be really at odds with each other... :p

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You make a good point.

Guess I will leave it at that....

11. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Opinion needed...

If YOU feel like YOU wasted YOUR time reading MY post, then I believe that is YOUR problem, not MINE.

The same way it was YOUR prerogative to leave this meaningless comment with no help whatsoever, it was MY prerogative to make this post asking the fine people of this forum their OPINION on a matter I'm handling.

YOU should decide if YOU want to reply and keep making an ass of YOURself.

12. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Well... I guess I asked for some of that.

Meanwhile, the OP asked for an opinion.

My opinion is to buy an Ipad Air. My opinion is there is no way I would buy an Ipad4.

Not sure if they helps you or not.

13. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Opinion needed...

I think that you shouldn't have bought the mini in the first place :p
    Anyway, I wouldn't recommend you to go for the iPad 4th gen. It is way too bulky, so I'd skip that out.
    The better specs are teasing but to be honest most of all I value the portability of the new iPad a lot.

Or just wait another year, hope (or better yet, pray!) that Apple phases out the 16GB option. Guess what I'll do ;)

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Then don't. Wait until next year. Presumably you will change your mind and will want to spend a large sum of money on a new iPad. You can then get a 128GB LTE Air. :D

15. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Just know that you won't get nearly as much for the Mini this time next year. I think 450 is a sell-it-now offer.