Opinion on iPhone hardware update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Learjet035, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

Yes I know, there's someone about to post "I'm sick of hearing about...."
    or "cool story bro" so let's just get that outta the way 1st.

Was wondering how Apple would just stop handing out free cases?

I don't see how they can hand out cases for 3 months and then say, well we didn't change anything but we are no longer giving out cases to folks.

Also, I know it probably costs them nothing to get these cases to us in the grand scheme of it all, but I gotta think that if they can come up with a simple fix for the antenna (some coating or something) that they'd rather just fix it and not keep giving out the cases.

I know, cool story huh?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

iPhones will come with (bumper type) cases preinstalled. ;)

3. malevolant macrumors 6502

You couldn't post in any of the other 10 threads on this?

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Actually I could see them "rationalizing" the free bumper giveaway stopping in Sept. How so?

The people who make up the 3 million owners now had NO foreknowledge of any issue. Consider the bumper giveaway a peace offering

By Sept 30th - Apple could just say that people buying now already know any limitations (which they will say there aren't anyway) and that they can choose to buy or not to buy.

The biggest issue will have been "solved" - the 3+ million who (still could have returned) entered into their purchase without the hoopla that brought attention to the matter.

5. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

No conspiracies are needed. Sept 30 is the end of a fiscal quarter for Apple. They owe it to their shareholders to re-evaluate the situation at that time rather than a long term commitment.

6. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

+1

I like this rationale

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

+1

8. 101AirAssault macrumors member

+2
    Oh and not so cool story bro.

9. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Also, and I've said this in other threads. They are launching Friday in 17 other countries. If Apple really considered this an issue they wouldn't open that can of worms until they had a solution.