Opinion on pre owned iMac 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Newoh, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Newoh macrumors newbie

Newoh

Hi guys! First post round here. Figured i'd ask you guys whether i made a good decision while i'm still in the return time frame.

2009 27" iMac
    Upgraded Core i7 2.8GHZ
    8GB of Ram
    2TB HDD
    Stock other than that.

$1100 Shipped. This will be my first mac, I know it's a tad old, but the specs are quite alot better than my c2d pc and it was this thing or buy a PC and run a hackintosh (meh).

It's currently in transit on the way here! So did i make a good choice here or did i overpay? Thank you!

(Your forums are great btw)

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

This is exactly the system that I use (except I've only got 1TB HD). They were new in November 2009 and were limited availability with the 2.8GHz i7, so yours would be a little more than 2 years old at most.

Don't know about the price other than it is a bit less than half what these were when new, so it sounds good. Mine has been running fine, but repairs on iMacs are expensive. It would have been better if it came with the remaining AppleCare which would give you some coverage if something goes wrong.

3. tips macrumors member

Wh, This is great price for i7, I am in the lookout for one of this,
    If you dont mind, can you please send me source where you got this price point.
    I do not see one apple.com, amazon.com!.

4. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Great deal. My brand 2011 iMac has pretty much the same specs and I paid $700 more for it. Only real difference is that I have thunderbolt and a better GPU but yours also has double the HDD space... Anyway, great, find.

5. tytanic11 macrumors member

Sounds like a good deal to me, the i7 and 2TB hdd make it worth that price IMO

6. nOw2 macrumors regular

I have that model and it is still far more powerful than I can make use of. That price is also really good too.

7. Newoh thread starter macrumors newbie

Newoh

I actually got it off of amazon (used) from a gent who was selling it.

I had him send me a video proving that it works and all that fun stuff before i bought it, but i've been looking for a 27" iMac for ages and this seemed like a great deal.

Glad you all agree! :D

8. tips macrumors member

You are lucky,Hope you got all verified product.

At least two times I tried to buy used iMac 27 from amazon.com.
    They ended up being frauds. Which I have reported to amazon and they removed their names.

Its weired and how simple its to get cheated on amazon.com, They created a
    website amazonmarketplaceorder.com and send buy order request for item listed on amazon(They tempt low price, make sure the order cant be put in shopping card due to address, you will contact seller through his link, he will redirect you to his email, and then the game starts......). That link also had fraud verification link,And they promptly replied saying its all legitimate! through the same domain name.
    Only clue I got was, western union money transfer to Greece!.

9. Newoh thread starter macrumors newbie

Newoh

That's pretty scary.

I just went straight through amazon, the guy had loads of good feedback, and a website. Also provided me with a tracking # and like i said, the video.

Really excited! 6 days until arrival though >_>