opinion on syracuse university

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aerove, Mar 16, 2008.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey ppl i'm mostly headed to SU for my masters in cs and wanted to know ur opinion abt it... do describe y ..

2. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

I don't know much about its CS department but it's great for communications, basketball, lacrosse, and cold winters.

3. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

any idea on clemson?

4. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

Not sure about the CS department either (haha) but you get better weather, good basketball/football if that means anything to you.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

just curious, why are you asking us this question. i assume youve gotten your undergrad at another uni and therefore have researched schools for grad school. the research you have done (supposably) should outweigh any opinions you will get on a forum

6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Because knowledge is power. More knowledge, more power. I'm wondering why you asked a question about his question.

7. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

well yea.. i got admits from both these universities and now i'm so confused.. both are ranked equally..:confused: so now i have to decide based on the conditions ... i cant seem to make up my mind...

8. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

I can't really comment on the universities themselves since I didn't attend either of them, but having been to Syracuse a couple of times, I can't imagine why anyone would want to live 4 hours from everything....

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

because 1) his advisors at his present school should now the better programs for grad studies as its their jobs

2) surely he has visited the campuses and has had a chance to get the feel of the uni as well as a chance to talk to the faculty

pick the grad school which you like as well as a masters thesis you want to do under a professor

all of this is what a forum cant answer and is very important and why i am questioning his asking a forum about where he should go......

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol well what do you want to do your thesis on? you go where you have a chance to work on your thesis as well as going where you have a great well known thesis advisor lol

11. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

lol.. i havent been to any of the univs cause i'm frm india :D and thats the reason why.. as far as the profs are concerned i've been in touch with few who are into networking..