iPhone Opinion on upgrading to ios 7.0.6

iamangeln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Should I upgrade my iphone 5s to 7.0.6? I'm jail broken on 7.0.4 I've heard pros and cons to upgrading. I would prefer to upgrade and jailbreak, but is there any major reason why I shouldn't? Just want to be safe. Thank you.

iamangeln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Thank you all for your opinion, you have convinced me to upgrade. Apparently this security home is a big deal #

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013

fark

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2013
Should I upgrade my iphone 5s to 7.0.6? I'm jail broken on 7.0.4 I've heard pros and cons to upgrading. I would prefer to upgrade and jailbreak, but is there any major reason why I shouldn't? Just want to be safe. Thank you.
What 'cons' to upgrading have you heard?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Use this guide for upgrading to 7.0.6, it makes it real fast and easy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/1yn2hx/guide_updating_to_706_and_restoring_tweaks_and/

If you have any problems overwriting the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list file like I did in step 9, just manually re-add your sources in Cydia, then move on to step 10.

You could also use one of the several backup tools though I can attest that this command-line approach works great!
Do you know if there's a way to back up "show all changes"?

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Do you know if there's a way to back up "show all changes"?
"Show All Changes"? I'm spacing, where's that? I would venture to say it's not possible to back something like that up being that it's a form of history and wiping the slate clean usually does the same for any histories.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
"Show All Changes"? I'm spacing, where's that? I would venture to say it's not possible to back something like that up being that it's a form of history and wiping the slate clean usually does the same for any histories.
Does the picture ring a bell?

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Ah. I never got that working quite right on my 7.0.4 jailbreak. I marked several packages with that flag and they never prominently displayed when updated, so I just assumed the feature was broken.

I just checked a few packages that I think I had that setting checked with, and they're no longer checked. So, I'd venture to say that will be lost if you follow the guide I linked. I'd bet they're housed somewhere near the sources.list file, though.