Opinion on what I should do about my iPhone and it's issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdventurousJosh, Feb 17, 2009.

1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,
    I did read the thread about cracks in the iPhone case, but I wanted opinion on what I should do with mine. I got my iPhone 09/19/08
    and now it seems to have new cracks everyday. I bought it at Bestbuy with their PGP or whatever warranty plane. I have hairline cracks everywhere, they somehow seem to be forming without me dropping it? I also have a deep crack by the ringer switch. They don't bother me too much, however, I am worried they will keep coming and something real bad ends up happening.

What can I do about this?

Thank you so much.

Josh

2. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

It's not rocket science, go to the Apple Store while you're under the 1 year warranty and replace it? I think everyone knows that :rolleyes:.

3. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Take to an Apple Store, or call into Apple, or if you have the warranty at Best Buy, they will replace it as long as there isn't impact damage.

4. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    So the iPhone comes with a one year warranty? I did not buy any kind of warranty for it, I bought the iPhone at bestbuy, including the PGP protection plan.

I'm confused where I should take it, thank you.

Josh

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+3 ^^^ (Those other TWO posts are exactly what I would do) My two-cents; take it to the Apple Store, since it has a 1-year limited warranty and it's under said warranty. Your BB warranty is excellent as a backup...:eek:

6. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

I think it's standard for any tech products to have a warranty. I can't think of something that came out for the past 2 years that doesn't have one.

7. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I have a cracks in my phone too and i also bought my iphone at bestbuy. If you take it to an apple store they will give you a refurbished one which is fine, but i think at BB they said they would give me a new one since i bought their insurance. If you get an refurbished one from apple will BB still honor the insurance program you got from them, they will have different serial so they will know they are different phones. I would take it back to bestbuy that's what their accidental insurance is for so even if you dropped it its covered. I haven't taken mine back yet, but let me know how it goes.