Opinion on white iphone kit made by brokemyiphone.com

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JackSpearo, Nov 3, 2010.

1. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I thought about biting the bullet and getting the white iphone kit made by http://www.brokemyiphone.com/... I thought about sending my iphone 4 in (when I buy it lol) and let them put it on... any opinions on them? I tried the search, but they didn't come up... I called them earlier and they said the parts are real and original...

250 dollars and they'd give me 100 off if I give them my 3g (which seems low, I'll probably ebay my old phone or keep it for traveling between europe, who knows)...

anyways... does anyone happen to know if the iphone 4 can run skype without skype being open? My fiance in europe bought an iphone 4 and we've both been using skype with our internet at home and it's FREEEEE :)... (no more 300 dollar phone bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

thanks guys and gals

Jack

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

is hard to trust websites these days, so I would go w/ no... The pieces are real since they are probably not made from thin air and original is wrong since there are no original apple white iPhone parts unless they painted them themselves...

for skype, yes it runs in the background, so almost always opens, sometimes it closes by itself... if the phone is locked, it rings and you answer and such...

3. JackSpearo thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm that sucks they would lie to me like that...

:-(...

and about the skype, does that only stay open with the iphone 4 or will it stay open with the 3g too?

4. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

multitasking isn't enabled on the 3g unless you hack it so i would go with a no.... have you tried iresq?

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

For the iPhone4 & the 3GS it uses multitasking to keep it running in the background. If you want to have running in the background on the 3G there are two ways and they involve jb: 1)You can enable official multitasking when doing a jb (is gonna consume a lot of ram that the 3G doesn't have though) or 2) you jb it and run skype under the backgrounder app from cydia.