[Opinion] Worth upgrading to 4.1 now or skip and wait for 4.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rainmanbk, Oct 14, 2010.

1. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

I am currently on 4.0.1 with an iPhone 4 and am stuck deciding whether its worth even upgrading now for Game Center and HDR or if I should just wait for 4.2 with AirPlay and whatever other improvements.. What are your opinions, did you update or are you waiting?

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

What's this got to do with iphone hacks? The only reason people around here wait is waiting for the tools to JB our phones and since 4.1 is JB there's really no not to upgrade.

3. mrathee macrumors 6502

I just talked to my brother about this - he has done a ton to his phone after jb and doesnt want to redo it now jsut to redo it again in a month

its all based on usage - i use HDR pretty often but never touch gamcenter, 4.1 was a good update for me.

he never uses his camera and wouldnt use gamecenter anyway, and he has no issues with the proximity sensor, etc etc so there is no need to update

he isnt even sure he will update to 4.2 bc the features arent super special for iphone unless you plan to spend extra for new peripherals.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Waiting at least until the Pwnagetool update, and possibly longer. My phone is stable on 4.0 with the Star JB, doesn't make sense to put myself through the aggravation of buggy tools and packages that haven't yet been updated to 4.1. There aren't enough new features in 4.1 to make it all that tempting.

5. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I think my phone runs better on 4.1 than 4.0.1.

limera1n+unlock today over the jailbreakme+unlock.

Might not even bother with 4.2 -- airplay is cool but I don't do productivity stuff on my phone so I don't think I'll need to print stuff out from my phone.

4.1 for HDR and proximity sensor fix (seems a lot better, no glitches yet knock on wood -- can see its stronger because if you put your hand in front of it an inch away it still turns the screen off :))

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

It took me forever to download my JB apps and set everything up exactly the way I wanted. Not giving that up for Game Center.. HDR seems neat but I don't take enough photos update (could always purchase Pro HDR). My phone is running PERFECTLY, I'm still waiting to see what 4.2 has to offer before I even decide to update then.