Opinions on a naked/caseless jet black iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Euge, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Euge macrumors regular

Euge

So I have a jet black iPhone 7 coming to me in a couple weeks. I generally prefer to keep my iPhones caseless, and don't mind it getting a bit scratched up and nicked.

I know the jet black shows scratches a lot more easily; I read Apple's disclaimer before ordering. I figured, though, that I could still live with normal wear expected. But after seeing a few videos of just how susceptible, I'm reconsidering. Maybe instead I'll just put a clear protector on the back. But I also thought, wouldn't it be cool if I left it completely unprotected then posted pictures on MacRumors after a couple months of use.

Also, I wonder what would happen when I try to turn it in for an upgrade and it's completely scuffed up. Would Apple have any problems taking it back?

Discuss ...

2. Applefan4515 macrumors regular

Applefan4515

I had some pretty bad dings up and down the side of my 5s when I turned it in, believe it or not they were caused by an otter box case. They looked at it but called it normal wear and gave me the price they quoted me for trade in.