Opinions on an LCD cleaner

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tallest Skil, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, I got this LCD cleaner to get rid of the horrible singular mark on my iMac and clean my new iBook and HDTV. It's Monster ScreenCleaner (perhaps the cable company?), and I'd like some feedback on whether or not to use it on my three LCDs (or at all, as it comes with a return policy that states if your device's manual says not to use cleaners it can be returned where it was purchased regardless of their policy). So, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Skil

Came with a microfiber cloth, so I'll probably use that regardless...

2. seahawk09 macrumors regular

A swiffer is a great choice I use them on my 17" LCD. keep all liquids away from LCD's.:)

Richard

3. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

I use that stuff daily it works great, its similar to iClean that they put out, i clean is a little different formula i use it to clean the out side of my macbook pro and it cleans it up really nice.

4. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

So this does work well on an LCD screen? I believe you; I'd just like a little more confirmation, as the iMac's manual says to only use water. My HDTV doesn't specify, but I'd like a little more support there, as well.

Thanks!
    Skil

5. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

The best thing to use is a damp glasses cloth or lense cleaning cloth for a camera.