opinions on asus laptops

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by johnryjr, Oct 9, 2010.

1. johnryjr macrumors regular

Hey

My mother wants me to find a computer for use at the house. Even though it probably won't leave the house I figure a laptop is the best bet. I am a MacBook Pro user but she doesn't want to spend that much money which is understandable. I've been looking and found a couple Asus laptops that look good. Now, between these two the main difference seems to be the processor. I'm not fluent in the different types. Any input on the better of these two would be appreciated. :)

http://www.amazon.com/K50IJ-X3-15-6...ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1286648809&sr=1-7

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-A52F-X3-...ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1286648809&sr=1-1

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The second one. Core i3 is more modern than the pentium dual core in the other.

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I only have experience with the K50IJ, and its a solid notebook. Not the best looking but it gets the job done. Overall Asus computers are very nice for the price. Can't really go wrong.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The second link is a better deal, comes with current get CPU and faster RAM plus LED backlit display. Generally, ASUS lappies and products are good. When it comes to motherboards, ASUS has always been my #1 choice and haven't heard bad about their laptops either.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

My Asus eee pc netbook disintegrated (plastic failure) after about 10 months of daily use. Asus didn't want to fix it. Electronically the netbook was fine, maybe the laptops are built stronger.

6. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Deal Nr 2 is a lot better than the first and more "futureproof"

7. johnryjr thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! That was the one I figured would be better.

Thanks!