Opinions on Gecko Profile case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bama91, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Bama91 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a thin, minimalist case that gives good face down "on the table" protection. I like the InCase snap and the CaseMate barely there, but I would like to have slightly (but not much more protection) while still being as thin as possible. This looks like a good compromise without going up to something like the InCase slider.

http://www.geckogear.com/p/1153474/gecko-profile---black.html

Opinions?

2. iMAX386 macrumors newbie

Anyone? I'm curious about this one too for my 4S. Does anyone have any experience?

3. self macrumors regular

I was looking at that too until I noticed how close the cover comes to the flash.

4. iMAX386 macrumors newbie

I noticed the camera hole too, but there's a YT review video looking at a white one where the hole is much bigger than shown on their website. I emailed Gecko about it to figure out which one it is, and what kind of testing they've done on camera performance with the case. Haven't heard back yet.

5. iMAX386 macrumors newbie

If anyone cares, I got this info in an email from Gecko:

6. self macrumors regular

Thanks, I ordered one. The YT review with the white one helped convince me, along with a recent YT review of the Feather. The camera hole looks like it's a tad smaller than the Feather, but maybe it will be okay (I do plan to test).

7. self macrumors regular

This arrived for me on Monday. I tested the flash and there's no difference with the case on or off.

If anyone is looking for a case with a more precise fit than the Incipio Feather, and that covers the top and front glass, this is it. This was the review that convinced me to buy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFdtfsrgZ-I