Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bama91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
I'm looking for a thin, minimalist case that gives good face down "on the table" protection. I like the InCase snap and the CaseMate barely there, but I would like to have slightly (but not much more protection) while still being as thin as possible. This looks like a good compromise without going up to something like the InCase slider.

http://www.geckogear.com/p/1153474/gecko-profile---black.html

Opinions?

iMAX386

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2010
Anyone? I'm curious about this one too for my 4S. Does anyone have any experience?

iMAX386

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2010
I noticed the camera hole too, but there's a YT review video looking at a white one where the hole is much bigger than shown on their website. I emailed Gecko about it to figure out which one it is, and what kind of testing they've done on camera performance with the case. Haven't heard back yet.

iMAX386

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2010
If anyone cares, I got this info in an email from Gecko:

The Profile cases fit the iPhone 4S perfectly - except the clear and frosted versions which only fit the iPhone 4.

The material it's made out of is polycarbonate, with a rubber coating. It is not a slippery finish, and the rubber coating does provide a bit of traction. But if on top of your leg it is likely to slide off when turning corners so I would not rely on it to be 'non-slip.

Our profile case has the larger hole with a black trim around it to ensure there is no shadowing or glare.

self

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Thanks, I ordered one. The YT review with the white one helped convince me, along with a recent YT review of the Feather. The camera hole looks like it's a tad smaller than the Feather, but maybe it will be okay (I do plan to test).

self

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
This arrived for me on Monday. I tested the flash and there's no difference with the case on or off.

If anyone is looking for a case with a more precise fit than the Incipio Feather, and that covers the top and front glass, this is it. This was the review that convinced me to buy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFdtfsrgZ-I

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.