Opinions on my radio shack employee interaction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Learjet035, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

So I'm on the road for business in a semi small town.

Missed the pre order at best buy, apple, AT&T, and anywhere else that option exists. Anyway, would still like to get my hands on a new iphone so I call radio shack, and the guy says they have a "very limited supply" but will sell them tomorrow.

I just called before they closed and the guy said the same same thing, but added that even though they've had no presale and do not hold or accept pre orders that the "very limited supply" they have is all spoken for.

I asked they guy what that meant, and he beat around the bush and basically told me not to waste my time showing up there in the am.

So i hung up but then got a bit pissed. Sounds like the employees are gonna grab the phones.
    Am half tempted to just show up

What you guys think?

2. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Be there first thing in the morning. Before anyone else can show up. Raise total hell with them if they act like their supply is spoken for even with no pre-order option and have a video camera running at the same time. You'll end up with a phone for sure.

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I agree- seems like the employees have first dibbs. U should show up early to see what's going on there.

4. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I think i will.

I'm torn because there's a best buy the other direction so it's one or the other. I'm guessing not many people will be at the shack though.

I'll make the call in the am. Sounds like they're try to scam though.

Pisses me off

5. LS3 macrumors newbie

That's really shady. I bet they are giving them to their family and friends.

6. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

Remember that for the 1st iPhone release, the Apple employees weren't allowed to have iPhones for a period of time? Maybe this is why.