Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
It depends on the colour profile you selected in System Preferences > Displays > Color.
It also depends on the panels used in both MBPs, which can vary.
To check the panels, go to System Preferences > Displays > Color > Open Profile > 17 -"mmod" > Model.

punkly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
yea forgot to add both are using the default colour profile that came with it.

thanks for quick reply btw!

punkly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
It depends on the colour profile you selected in System Preferences > Displays > Color.
To check the panels, go to System Preferences > Displays > Color > Open Profile > 17 -"mmod" > Model.

the one on the right is 9CC9 whereas the one on the left is a 9CC3.

and when i googled, turns out that the right one is using a chimei and the left lg philips. are chimei's screen that warm/yellow ?

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ

Sorry for hijacking this thread. But I actually just used the color profile settings to make my screen more readable in daylight. Thank you! :)

punkly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
so is it a case of defect or just a case of a warmer screen ? anyone ?

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
Just display an entire white, black, red, green, yellow of each on the screen. If there aren't any big local problems or much more on one screen than the other it is just a different color profile.
BTW the right one might be the truer one. Most Notebooks come way too cold. A calibrated screen is usually warmer in color. The difference between the out of box profile and the one I am running now seems about as big. The one I am running would be the warm screen on the right.

Just make your own color profile if it looks too warm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.