Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi, I am thinking of getting a pair of Sonos Play 1's and would like to find out if they are worth the money. So do you have a Sonos? and if so which one? Would you recommend it? etc. Thanks in advance.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Bought a pair of Play 1s a couple of years ago, and then last year added a Sub. The sound from the Play 1s was pretty good, but the Sub added much more depth to the music. Overall, very happy with my investment.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Bought a pair of Play 1s a couple of years ago, and then last year added a Sub. The sound from the Play 1s was pretty good, but the Sub added much more depth to the music. Overall, very happy with my investment.

Recently received my Play 1 Starter Bundle and am liking them. Very nice design and build quality along with producing some great sound. Happy overall and I know I can expand and improve them when finances allow.

Release

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2012
Love 'em. But the real magic happens when you add them all over the house. AirPlay never synced from room to room for me so the sound would be slightly off. Sonos is perfect. I've had mine for about a year now and have never listened to more music than I do now. Walk in the door, hit a button, and music is everywhere. I love it.

ShadowJade

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2014
Real late to the party for this discussion, but how do you like it years later? I have 10 Play:1s, 1 sub, and 2 playbars. My whole house play is unbelievable...couldn't be happier with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.