Opinions on the "Peel" brand iphone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sschae81, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Sschae81 macrumors newbie

I was wondering what the opinions on the Peel brand iPhone case are? I love to go caseless, but I'm always afraid of bad scratches. Are they worth the $25 +shipping?

2. DOUGHNUT macrumors regular

definitely NOT worth it.
    get either the Tozo ultra thin cases or the Elago Origin cases. they're about 8-9 bucks on amazon, and perfect fit and i would bet is made of the same type of material (i've used both of the cases and i can vouch for their quality)

3. Synomenon macrumors regular

That company (Peel) is ridiculous. There are more photos of models on their site than the actual product. I wanted to see what the bottom edge of the case looks like, but could not find one picture on their site of this.

Got a Caudabe Veil XT. If you want a thin case, that's the one to get. Spigen also makes the "AirSkin" which is pretty much like the Veil XT (though Spigen often has problems with openings / holes on the AirSkin matching up exactly with the iPhone's body). Best Buy also has one by Native Union called the "Clic Air" which is very much like the Veil XT and Spigen AirSkin.

4. Sschae81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You, I've used Elago cases in the past and loved them. I will definitely check them out.

5. Synomenon macrumors regular

I say these thin cases definitely are worth it. Especially if you like going caseless, BUT want some protection.

6. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

Everything I have read on them say they are fantastic. There is someone on the accessories forum who just received theirs and love it.

7. Sgt.ThroatPunch macrumors regular

Sgt.ThroatPunch

I used to buy expensive cases, in the $25-$50 market, but now I see that is a complete waste. I've started doing reviews on my channel and I've received about 50 cases from various companies I've never heard of. So far, most of the cases feel just as premium as the bigger brands, and you can find them on Amazon for under $10.

8. weesy macrumors regular

I've read great reviews about them but never tried one, I definitely might this time.

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Mine just came yesterday. I like it so far. I bought an an official Peel then 5 identical "peel" cases from eBay that look like they come directly from the manufacturer for $1 each.

We'll see how they compare and if they are truly the same.