opinions on two shells

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 5spoke, Apr 4, 2007.

1. 5spoke macrumors newbie

I have decided to hang onto my white macbook, but I want to get a protective shell or case for it. i was wondering what people might recomend. Im not a fan of the Speck cases. But I have been looking at either the BestSkinsEver.com full body skin for the macbook, or they have a similar to the speck case on ebay that is a little less noticeable than the speck case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MACBOOK-13-...5QQihZ020QQcategoryZ80070QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-35/Apple-MacBook-13.3"-Total/Detail

both would work out to be about the same price with shipping. Right now Im leaning towards the full body skin. Let me know what you think.

2. j5uh macrumors member

ok here's my view

i have the speck case on my macbook. it fits well and it feels WELL protected! BUT on the bottom, near the back rubber pieces, it doesn't fit snugly. it's loose. almost seems like the missed to attach extra latches there. Other than that, the case is awesome. i'm actually thinkin about removing the bottom piece all together.

i have the bestskinsever skin for my motoQ. and i love it. it was a BIATCHH installing some pieces of it, cause it was wrapping around corners, but... it works very well. but i don't think it'll cover ALL of the macbook... im pretty sure it'll have some open areas that arn't coverd by the sticker.

both choices are good i'd say. one ads bulk with more protection, one doesnt with less protection. =)

3. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

i have tried the bestskinever for my macbookpro, its not the macbook but the same material. Similar to invisible shield, you will notice staining on them over time. They may be because its rubbing off color from something else or from grease from you. While I love them, a word of caution since you have a white macbook, you wrist area bestskinever will stain where your wrists are.

4. 5spoke thread starter macrumors newbie

well the thing is I have a marware cover for where my wrists go so I probably wouldnt even put the wrist part on, but I am just trying to consider whether its worth it to get a thicker one or if the skin is enough.

5. 5spoke thread starter macrumors newbie

have u ever tried to remove it?? Will is leave residue?