Opinions Please - 16gb or 32gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shrewd, Jul 29, 2009.

?

16gb or 32gb

1. 16

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. 32

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. shrewd macrumors member

I plan to buy on 02 PAYG but am not sure whether to get a 16 or 32gb.

I will probably sell it close to june next year in anticipation of the 4th gen iPhone, and to fund my new one.

Selling on ebay etc. which do you think is likely to fetch more. I know that on face value a 32gb will get more, obviously. Will the casual buyers who don't mind an old gen phone be more likely to go for the 32gb? I think they will but wondered what everybody else though.

Cheers

2. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Go big or go home. You're never going to regret having too much space.

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I'm in the same boat as you. I plan on buying a 3GS in October. I have a 16GB 3G right now it's just right. I usually sync about twice a week and all my apps fit on it. My only thing though is with the better camera I might start taking pictures more or use video more, that's my only concern. I might as well save up the extra hundred bucks and go for the 32GB.

4. toughluck macrumors member

Exactly. But it all comes down to what you use your phone for. If you like to put alot of music on it id go for the 32. i have a 16 gig 3g and am completely out of space but i dont have an update for like six months so im waiting till next year but it all comes down to what you will use it for.

-toughluck

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

But paying for it you can regret.

The question you need to ask your self is how much space do you currently need and in the next 3 years how much space to you project yourself needing. Your biggest factor will be your music library.

For example my libary is currently around a little over 30 gigs. but it has not grown much for 4 years either.

For me I would go with the larger one. But lets take my parents for example. Their music library is less than 10 gigs and it is not going to break 10 gigs for the next 3-4 years so the smaller size is better for them.

7. sthursby macrumors member

If you're going to hang on to it for a few years, why not go for the biggest? Even if you don't end up using all the space, you never know how many photos/videos/music/etc you're gonna accumulate over time, and what's another $100 up front if you're going to have the phone for 2-3 years?

8. shrewd thread starter macrumors member

I appreciate what you are all saying, but the question isn't for my needs as such.

I can easily get away with a 16gb, but definetly plan to sell it next June, and get the 4th gen iPhone.

The main point is whether a 32gb will be more valuable on ebay.

And sthursby, unfortunatly over here in the UK, it is an extra £100!

9. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Of course it will be worth more, and this should be completely about your needs. If you do not need the extra gb's then don't get them. It's that simple. If you can afford to pay the extra money now and get the 32GB, then you should have the money next year as well to do it. If your looking for more value on ebay its only obvious that 32 will be worth more, but why pay the extra 100 now for something that is not needed.. Buy a 16GB and save the $100 for next years phone.
    ..Hope i helped some :)

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I can't believe they ever came out with a 4GB iPhone; just not enough. Go BIG or don't go at all....:eek::eek::eek:

11. sthursby macrumors member

Can't imagine you'd make a huge killing on an iPhone on eBay anyway. Not that I've done any research at all, because I haven't, but it's eBay for one of the most available products out there. Surely you don't come close to recouping your costs?

12. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

Go with the 32 if you think you'd shoot a lot of video. Those end up being pretty large files...