Opinions...refurb Macbook Pro, they are replacing with new....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Drachir2000, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Drachir2000 macrumors newbie

Drachir2000

I purchased a refurb Macbook Pro on July 9, went with this model because of the high end video and etc...well I am on my fourth MBP from apple and waiting on #5. First 3 had display issues, and last one a keyboard issue. They are replacing with a new 2.53 that I dont want, because I still want the higher end specs for video. Has anyone had a similar issue?

2. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

They are replacing a dual graphics pre june 09 MBP with a integrated graphics post June 09 one ? That sounds odd - you can let them know that it would be a downgrade and that you need the dedicated GPU and I am sure they will reconsider.

The two times they did this for me - I actually got a higher spec machine without asking.

3. Drachir2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Drachir2000

Been trying...

to get in touch with them, or the person I was dealing with no response...and then Sat night, got noticed it shipped. I dont want it....the int. video. I had big plans for the 9600...

4. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Keep trying - if you get the delivery, send it back with a note that this is not acceptable.

5. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

refurb's are different, im sure they will give you your money back or make you pay the difference before they upgrade you for free.

6. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Ah - did not know the refurbished difference. Thanks. But still it is reasonable to expect that if I buy a refurb I should get an equivalent at least.

7. Drachir2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Drachir2000

I dont expect them to upgrade me to latest and greatest...., thats about a 800 dollar difference, I do expect a machine that is function and without defect. Dust trapped behind the LCD is ridiculous...and a non functioning T key is also unexcusable...

8. Drachir2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Drachir2000

Well

they did good...they had no more 2.53, but for 200 more they bumped me to a refurb 2.8, 500gb, 15.4, SD 512M...and I couldnt be happier. It is perfect...