opinions: verizon phone help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kymac, Jul 27, 2008.

1. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

so.. my families contracts ending soon and now its time for new phones! all i do is text and talk with my phone.. i dont need any fancy features.. i have other things for that.. but i want a phone that looks stylish and will survive the entire length of the new two year contract. so far ive liked these two the best..

the vx9400:
    [​IMG]

the env2:
    [​IMG]

ive never ownded an lg phone before.. are they reliable? its seems theyve taken over verizon and i kinda feel that i have no choice but to go with lg if i want a decent looking phone on this network.. so.. anyone have personal experience with these two? opinions? help? thanks guys!

edit: also i was thinking about the blackberry pearl.. but does that require a date plan? i wouldnt use the internet or anything.. just calls and texts..

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

The VX9400, according to my friend who owns it, is pretty much featureless. It's not that great, and is relatively old.

The enV2 is a phenomenal phone, with a cool keyboard and design but not much else, but it's not designed to be anything more than that anyway. I'd say go for it - great phone.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I have a RAZR v3c (which I hacked into a v3m w/o a card slot) - and it's been the best phone I've ever had (and I've had several) - the battery life is really good, camera's not that bad, and it's slim and cool looking to boot.

Give'em a look I'd say.

4. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

hmm okay.. yea the vx9400 has been around for a while.. i just thought it might be better because it looks more sturdy and durable.. but the env2 overall has had better reviews from what ive seen..

meh.. im not really interested in the razr.. mainly because everyone in the world has one.. haha but ill look more into it i guess..

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

My personal experience with LG phones reliability hasn't been good at all. If you're going Verizon, the Motorolas or Samsungs seem to last the longest and if taken care of, two years of use isn't out of the question.

6. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

I realize you're probably not looking at it, but don't get the W315 from Motorola. The battery lasted less than a year, and I don't even use it that often.