Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by minutePulsation, Dec 2, 2007.

?

Which would you do?

1. Sell MacBook for iMac

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Sell MacBook Pro for Mac Pro

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. minutePulsation macrumors member

minutePulsation

So I currently have the two computers in my signature. I want to get rid of one and buy a get a desktop. So my 2 options that I've considered are these...

Sell the MacBook Pro and replace it with a mac pro

or

Sell the MacBook and get an iMac

which would you chose?

I want to keep spending down otherwise I would go for the obvious MacBook for Mac Pro.

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Sounds like you have already made the decision.

What are you doing with this computer? Unless you are doing hardcore video or photo editing all day everyday, an iMac would meet your needs quit nicely. The new iMacs and MBP's are so fast a Mac Pro seems like overkill for most people IMO.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I'd sell the MBP and get the MP.

Reason being the difference between the two machine that you will own MB and MP is large and means you can justify having both.

Also the MB is more portable than the MBP so you are more likely to take it out.

That is what i'd do anyway.

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I have the 24" iMac 2.4 Core 2 Duo and the 24" iMac 2.8 Core 2 Extreme and they are both extremely fast. They are "way" faster than my Mac Pro G5 Duo-Core 2.0.

Unless you are using your computer to make money and you need to render movies or graphics as quickly as possible in order to survive, you probably don't need the Mac Pro. Also, the MacBook Pro is MUCH better than the MacBook simply because of the different video cards these computers have.

My 2 Cents.

5. termina3 macrumors 65816

I think you might be able to use only the MBP, but I'm assuming you're looking at mid-range iMacs (if you're looking at a MP, I must be wrong).

I'd go for the iMac b/c I like the MBP so much.

6. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

I vote for Mac Pro, but do yourself a favor and hold off until they update the thing. The current pricing (unchanged since 2006) is incongruent with the machine's true retail value. Old tech at brand new prices.