Opinons on a corporate support model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CSHawkeye81, Jul 31, 2009.

1. CSHawkeye81 macrumors member

Hey guys, just wondering if I could get some suggestions or input on what should be the best way to put in a layout for support macbook pro's in a corporate environment. As of right now its been just very limited, but I started to notice a more demand for mac's in our office and after a conversation with my CIO, she is totally on board. Well before opening the flood gates, I wanted to know what would be some best practices on a good support model??

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

3. CSHawkeye81 thread starter macrumors member

Wish that could be easy, but for the most part my company is still going to be a pc environment.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Talented support people who have experience integrating Mac OS X into enterprise environments, particularly those with infrastructure using Active Directory. I suspect you use Active Directory?

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

With Snow Leopard coming out this September, Macs will be able to integrate into an Exchange environment.

6. CSHawkeye81 thread starter macrumors member

Nice, as for active directory support I can do that. Just wanted some tips or peoples past experience in this. Now as for Snow Leopard and exchange thats good to hear.

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

But do you have experience supporting Mac OS X and Apple hardware? It's one thing to have one and support yourself, and another thing when there's angry customers who want to know why they can't open application x to do their job.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "support model"? What is it that you want, sans corporate terminology?

8. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

I'm assuming (and may be spectacularly wrong) that by "support model" you mean a way of organizing some kind of IT helpdesk for your employees/customers using Macs.

If I'm right, let us know and I'm sure more people could chip in with advice, right now no one seems to know what you need.

9. CSHawkeye81 thread starter macrumors member

That pretty much sums it up. For the most part I have used macs for a few years now and bewing in this position now that being the only support person is kinda daunting. Fortunetly for me, my new boss is a long time mac user and he is looking into getting some more help for me. I work personally with the Executive offices and half of them are mac users right now.