Opportunity Presents Itself

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by branharrison6, Apr 21, 2007.

  1. branharrison6 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2007
    #1
    Well after weeks of getting everything figured out and squared away I have figured out the $$ details and my father may be letting me go through with a purchase of a macbook. This is good news as I have been waiting for awhile now. But, I just don't know what to do now? There are LOTS of threads on here making it sound as if the new line of SR MB(P)'s will be out in a month or so. Many claim at WWDC they can see the new lines being released? This is also good news except now it makes me consider waiting to see what all happens? I would love to get one of the new SR MBP's but the thing is I really only have the funds to afford a MB not MBP. The MBP's are just too much for what I'm looking at getting. I only need a notebook to last me to college and then my freshman year in college I may get a new mac by then? I currently attend a boarding academy HS and am in the 10th grade. I want to become familiar with Macs now as I will want to know everything I can and be VERY familiar for when I head of to college.

    My main question is this:
    What exactly should I be thinking in this situation. I have a laptop right now that works fine and would hold me out for a bit. But, if the SR upgrades to the Macbooks will not be that significant than I don't think there is any point in waiting for SR. If someone can give me the COMPLETE breakdown of the Santa Rosa upgrade and how it will be that much better than I will consider waiting. But, if SR is not THAT big of an upgrade then I think I will pull the trigger and get a new MB in the next week or so. I just don't want to be kicking myself in June when they release the new SR MB's and I am missing out on something crucial. Do you see them doing something else to the MB's besides just the addition of SR? Would they consider a redesign or whole new features? All opinions are open for discussion. Even the ones of how lame I am for adding YET ANOTHER one of these threads. I am sorry to those that this bugs but I really need some takes on MY situation because using the search function for this kinda thing has not gotten me very much help. So sorry in advance.

    Thanks,
    Brandon

    P.S.
    Keep in Mind that I WILL NOT be able to afford a MBP probably so just give me the MB details plz. As much as I would love I don't think the MBP's are in my funds. :(
     
  2. JJLT76 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2007
    #2
    i am in the same boat as you but have decided to just go ahead and buy my macbook now. when i first started looking into macs i fell right for the macbook and was ready to purchase back in march when i first read about them, but as i found this page i figured i should wait for an update since there are endless threads about SR possibly coming soon and Leopard pre-loaded, but as i got the news of Leopards delay till October i took some time and made my choice. after playing with a macbook at my local frys for about 40min and thinking it through i decided to buy now and stop the waiting game i also realized the current line up is more than powerful enough for what im gonna use it for(internet,music, video, maybe a little i Movie/ i DVD) waiting for SR would be good but not necessary since most of its features i wouldn't. Bottom line if you think the current gen will fit your needs right and you need it now then buy but if you really need up to 4GB of ram and a better Graphics card then wait till they get updated.

    sorry for long read
     
  3. branharrison6 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2007
    #3
    I would play only one game on my mac and that would be World of Warcraft. I've heard and seen that World of Warcraft runs fine on the current Macbooks so that is why I am thinking that I have no need to wait. There is always going to be something better so I don't think it's necessary I sit this one out and wait?
     
  4. JJLT76 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2007
    #4
    go ahead and buy it if you are 100% convinced. also i found this video, skip to almost the end and you can see that he is playing WoW perfectly fine on what seems a stock option white 2.0, 1g ram macbook. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXsNDrryJyA
     

Share This Page