Opt out of yellowbook

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maflynn, Oct 14, 2010.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I just saw read this on lifehacker You can actually opt out of yellowbook deliveries. No more getting those 20 pounds of waste. I hope the opt out does in fact work.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh I think I'll do this. Usually the book stays at the door until I take the garbage out, which is usually every other day. I got one the day after I moved into my new place and it went right into the recycle bin.

I wonder if you can opt out of jahovahs witness. They knocked on my door yesterday at 2 pm while I was on a conference call, then they rang, then knocked, then rang the bell again. Then finally took off. :mad:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think that is a different website

4. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When the JWs ring my door bell, (and you can tell that its them), I grab my Bible and start telling them that Jesus is the one true son of God, and the only true way to salvation, not some angel as they purport to believe in. That usually sends them scurrying and leave me alone for a while :)

5. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Hmm, I usually just grab my 12 gauge shotgun, but your way may be effective as well. I may have to try that. I used to offer Mormons a Mountain Dew or a beer and them tell them I couldn't join unless I could wear biking shorts while riding those bikes around. The whole tie thing is a deal breaker.

Anyway, that's good about opting out of the whole yellowbook thing. I do have to admit they are good for doorstops or target practice.

6. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

my rabbits love to tear those books apart, I usually grab some from my neighbors when they put them to the trash.

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Always love Lifehacker. I've been following that blog for a little while now after I came across a useful article whilst Googling around. Every day brings interesting/useful posts :)

8. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

but then you are missing out on this
    phonebooks can be useful :D

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

In theory it is great but I watch how they do deliveries of those things. It someone in a pick-up truck full of them. They just park it and have 3-4 people running around dropping them off. They pay no attention to the opt out part.
    Last 2 that appeared here were dropped straight into the recycle been to go out to the curb a few days later.