Optibay lion issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fullojellybeans, Sep 15, 2011.

1. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue using optibay drive set up with 10.7

So here's my set up. SSD is only applications and system files. Internal HDD is for storing the User folder. I have it mapped through system preferences and that's all well and good.

So here's my issue. Every time I want to run a software update that requires restart it will boot to a Safe Boot style start up then if I go to the recovery drive I attempt to verify disc then it fails and then I have to repair disc. That worked 1 out of 3 times so far. Both times before I had to erase and install to fix the issue.

So anyone else run this kind of set up and experience the same problem? The SSD is in the optical drive slot but I don't think that's causing the issue

Any thoughts could be helpful.

2. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

I have an SSD in the original location and a HDD in the optibay and do not have this problem. But my user folders are stored on the SSD, not the HDD.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have two SSDs in my MBP, and I've not run into any issues. I don't have my home folder moved or applications moved to the optibay drive but rather I use the second drive for my LightRoom library and Vmware Fusion VMs