Optical Drive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tjb1, Feb 24, 2011.

1. tjb1, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

tjb1 macrumors 68000

Guess what? Every MBP...13", 15", AND 17" still have the optical drive. Guess we told you all in the 30 other threads made about Apple removing it right? Told you so. There goes the CD/DVD out the window, I see it flying away now :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and glad I waited for a port that isnt mainstream yet/only apple so far, a quad core I would never use and a different graphics card. Happy buying for all of those that were expecting liquid metal, bigger battery, no optical, ssd os drive... :)

2. presdaddy macrumors newbie

Just because it didn't change doesn't mean it shouldn't have. It's a strategic move by Apple so they can update the new MBP before Ivy Bridge comes out by offering the new design.

Battery dropped to 7 hours. If we took out the ODD and replaced it with battery, I bet we'd have 12 hours.

3. WelshBluebird macrumors regular

The battery life is probably down to apple using a more realistic test (remember the stuff they said when the MBA was updated).

4. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Rumors always way overestimate what new models will have. Lots of people do want real quad core and faster vid cards. I'm a little surprised they did not ditch the optical drive but I guess they figured it was a little early.

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

This.
    Apple was hopelessly optimistic about it before.
    The only way to get over 8 hours was to turn the screen off and do nothing at all.

At least they are being honest about it now.