Optimal arrangement of dual displays based on resolution

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by themp, Jan 24, 2016.

1. themp macrumors member

I've got a Retina MBP and a Thunderbolt display. Traditionally, I'd have the larger display as primary and closer to me. However, I'm wondering if this is optimal given that the resolution of the MBP is so much higher. Should I instead have the MBP with retina display as primary display and closer to me and have the 27" Thunderbolt off to the side as the secondary display, further from me, thus reducing my ability to discern individual pixels due to viewing distance. What's everyone think?

2. danieldavis3924 macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same set up as you at work. I personally prefer to have the bigger monitor as my main screen. I find if I have the laptop as my main screen, I tend to almost crouch over the laptop to try and read small text, whereas the Thunderbolt screen offers a bigger text size which can be read comfortably from a distance. You could always try with the laptop as the primary display for a while and see how you get on. Your eye sight may be better than mine, at the end of the day, we are all different :)