Optimal Scanner + Software for Old/Vintage Magazines & Books?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sartrekid, Jul 20, 2015.

1. sartrekid macrumors 6502

I have a growing collection of vintage magazines, dating all the way back to the 1960s.
    In the next few months, I'd like to create a digital archive of these magazines (and the odd book). The content typically consists of text & imagery as well as covers of varying sizes, material, and quality.

Does anyone have any experience doing the above tasks? If so, it'd be great if you have a recommendation as to which scanner you use that gets the job done well. I am looking for really good equipment (as long as it doesn't exceed 800-900 Euro/USD mark).

If you have any other tips, beyond the hardware aspect, on how you'd go about it, what to look for, what to avoid, which software you consider good, that'd be a big bonus.

Thanks a ton!

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

No experience with it but Fujitsu makes a book type scanner. If it's anywhere as good as their other scanners it will be very good. About $620 on Amazon. I think it will be a tedious process.

3. sartrekid thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your response! I wasn't aware that Fujitsu had a good reputation regarding their scanners. That's quite reassuring to know. I'll look through their offerings.