Optimizing Windows to run on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by makaveli559m, Mar 21, 2014.

1. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

I been thinking of this for a while find a way to get the Mac OS hardware experience on Bootcamp! Why hasn't Apple done anything to fix the drivers issues? All they need to do is optimize them. In my experience Windows runs way better on my MacBook than it did on a pc laptop. But I got tired of the heat issues :/ so at the moment I am using Mac Os. I would like to go back to Windows if I would find some good ways to optimize the drivers.

2. makaveli559m thread starter macrumors 6502

I am thinking of going back to a Windows laptop because I don't like the heat issues with Windows and also I can't even use the MacBook on my lap with Windows because it runs too hot :/

3. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

That's probably for the best.

4. makaveli559m thread starter macrumors 6502

On another news I did make some progress with some optimizations. I took out all the Intel and ATI drivers from the bootcamp folder before I installed 5.1 and I saw something. The temperatures go at low settings with the stock Windows drivers! I wonder if anyone else could confirm my findings, I even went further and put the processor power management to 70%.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Mine runs fine under windows with no heat issues. Even game on my lap regularly with no problems.

6. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

Apple provides bootcamp as a convenience. They probably don't see a need to have HR head hunting for killer windows driver developers. They probably want you on the mac os side more and focus efforts there.

You will also find this is not an apply only thing. When switching vendors at some point you can and will enter support grey areas. We for example switched SAN vendors a bit back. No help from the people we were leaving (support didn't cover migrations from them) and while of some help the new SAN vendor can only do so much (they can't hire experts to cover all SAN flavors and, well, thier experts are supposed to be trained heavily on their systems).

Also did your install have any custom flavor you put in it. I and others I know with basically vanilla installs have gotten better temps after. Would you be running any special apps as well? I know for one or 2 games I play my temps were much better in bootcamp than in the the mac os run as ports (same game, jsut mac had it in a wrapper, which I know add processing overhead and therefore heat).