Optimum Macbook Equalizer Settings

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by urlostinmyworld, Feb 9, 2008.

1. theashlands macrumors newbie

here you go...

go to the equalizer in itunes [option+:apple:+2] select the "bass reducer" setting, then slide the preamp all the way to +12 dB.

cheers,
    beard of destiny

2. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Honestly, the equalizer isn't going to help you very much, because the speakers are pretty low quality compared to what you would listen to through a good set of headphones or speakers.

I've found that boosting the highs and lows slightly sounds best for my ears and the type of music I listen to. The built-in presets aren't terrible if you just want to compare settings.

3. murc585 macrumors regular

here's some advice. never use thos speakers, they are gabage. I thought my old powerbook G4 12" speakers were bad, but not compared to my new macbook. invest ina good 2.1 system, like the klipsh promedia 2.1

4. theashlands macrumors newbie

whatever chief...it outputs a better sound on my mbp with those settings.

try again...

5. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

They're not great speakers, there's only so much EQ can compensate for.
    However, given the physical size.. Push the lows, drop the highs and try and sit the mid in between the two extremes (in a slope). Perhaps a twinge more mid so it curves a little more. Honestly though, just toggle the sliders until you find a good response, i tend to auto-eq everything but i don't listen to music on the go, via my MBP's on-board speakers.
    Also, theashlands gave you a recommendation that he thought might help. I agree, dropping the bass is not the way but there's no need to be rude.
    Just a thought.

6. mrichman macrumors newbie

I have a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system. I can barely hear the subwoofer audio from my Mac or iPod. The satellite speakers work fine. I have gone through the diagnostic steps on their FAQ page here: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/suppor...of-the-subwoofer-what-should-i-check-details/

What else could be wrong? Could it be a bad fuse or perhaps the proprietary 6-pin DIN cable?

7. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

Wow huge difference on my MacBook Air. Thanks!